Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday #3: The Boy at the Top of the Mountain by John Boyne

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights
upcoming releases we can't wait to read.

My Waiting on Wednesday pick this week is:

The Boy at the Top of the Mountain by John Boyne
Henry Holt & Co.
June 7, 2016; 272 pages

From Goodreads:

When Pierrot becomes an orphan, he must leave his home in Paris for a new life with his aunt Beatrix, a servant in a wealthy Austrian household. But this is no ordinary time, for it is 1935 and the Second World War is fast approaching; and this is no ordinary house, for this is the Berghof, the home of Adolf Hitler.

Pierrot is quickly taken under Hitler's wing and thrown into an increasingly dangerous new world: a world of terror, secrets, and betrayal from which he may never be able to escape.


I'm always curious to read books by John Boyne.  I've reviewed a few of his novels in the past, but after the controversy of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (which I have not reviewed) I always feel hesitant on the one hand, excited on the other.  

What are you looking forward to reading?

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like such an intriguing read. I hope you get to read it soon.

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this one before, but The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was so good, I'll probably read this one as well. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very intriguing, so I can see why you are waiting for it. I will be looking for this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting. I have a complex relationship with The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

    ReplyDelete